A couple of frequently asked questions
1. Is Atelier Jalaper associated with Aston Martin ?
Atelier Jalaper and it's products are not in any way associated or supported by Aston Martin or any of its affiliates.
2. How can I get one of your watches ?
Our first model of watches will be availble in pre order on Kickstarter from the 23rd of July until the 23rd of August 2019.
3. What is Kickstarter ?
Kickstarter is a way for entrepreneurs with a project to launch it thanks to the help of many contributors. Projects in kickstarter involve something real and not just an idea, when completed everyone that participated will get something depending on their participation, weather it’s the product or our biggest thanks.
4. What payment method can I use on Kickstarter ?
You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or American Express.
Kickstarter does not currently accept Maestro or Visa Electron cards. If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount.
No other payment method can be used, wether it’s cash, check, paypal, etc…
5. I pledged, but I have not received a confirmation mail.
If you have not received any mail within the first 24 hours after your pledge, you can send us an email to email@example.com
6. If my watch comes in broken can I get a replacement ?
If your watch comes in broken, you can sen dit back to us we will have it repaired and send it back to you, but do not worry we work with the best 🇨🇭
7. When will my Kickstarter rewards be shipped ?
We expect to ship every reward by the beginning of January 2020.
8. Will I have to pay extra fees and customs ?
Some countries ask for extra taxes when purchasing an item from overseas.We are doing our best to make sure it is at its lowest possible.
9. What does the name Atelier Jalaper means ?
The name comes from the fusion of both founders’ name Jalaber and Szleper.
10. How did you get the part of the Aston Martin DB5 ?
Acquiring the parts was a long and difficult process as we were looking for only an original piece (produced between 1963 and 1965).
11. What part(s) of the car is the most useful to you ?
Due to the way we carve our dials, the bonnet is the most adequate for us.
12. How can I be sure the dial is made of authentic Aston Martin DB5 parts ?
On may 15th we have been to Aston Martin Works in Newport Pagnell, UK. After few hours of authentication process we finally received an official certificate claiming that our bonnet is original.
13. Why don't you make your own watch movements ?
Making watch movements is extremely complicated and expensive. We chose Miyota because their movements are renowned for their quality and robustness. In the future, producing our own movement will be a real accomplishment, but this will only happen with your support.
14. Can I choose the strap ?
After your pledge you will receive a mail asking you for your strap preference, at this time you will be able to choose the one you like. We will send you all the pictures of your watch with the different straps available.
15. Can I choose the serial number I want ?
It is not possible unless it is specified in the pledge you chose.
16 .Why is my watch different from the one in the pictures ?
Every watch we make is unique because the piece of the front hood of the DB5 is not same everywhere.
17. If I take just a watch initially can I upgrade to a bigger pledge directly ?
The amount you pledge can be changed, however you cannot pledge multiple times for multiple rewards.
18. Why do you assemble your watch in switzerland ?
Swiss watchmaker are known for their craftsmanship and know how all over the world. As we wanted the best watch quality possible it was obvious to us to assemble everything in Switzerland.
19. Why I be able to by more accessories for my watch after the campaign ends ?
Of course, our website will be launched with a variety of complementary product, such as our travel bags, straps and even experiences to live the Atelier Jalaper experience to it's fullest ...